This policy explains what types of personal information will be gathered when you visit the Marrying Cultures website, and how this information will be used. Please note that this policy applies only to the Marrying Cultures website. If you follow a link to any other website, please check their policies before you submit any personal information to those sites.
On some parts of this website you may be asked to provide some limited personal information in order to enable the provision of certain services and this information may be stored manually or electronically. By supplying this information you are consenting to it being recorded and used it for the purposes for which it was provided. Information provided will be kept for as long as is necessary to fulfil that purpose.
We may also collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our webmasters. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns which does not identify any individual and allows us to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
How the information collected is used
Personal information provided by you will only be used for the purposes stated when the information is requested. Personal information will not be sold to third parties, or provided to direct marketing companies or other such organisations without your permission. Personal information collected and/or processed is held in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Demographical and statistical information about user behaviour may be collected and used to analyse the popularity and effectiveness of the Marrying Cultures website. Any disclosure of this information will be in aggregate form and will not identify individual users.
How we store information collected
Information which you provide to us will ordinarily be stored on our secure servers which are hosted within the European Union (EU) and subject to EU laws.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share such information in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property or safety of the project, its members or others.
Most of our web pages use “cookies”. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we place on your computer or mobile device if you agree. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of our website, which helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allow us to improve our website.
Types of cookies we use
We use the following types of cookies:
- strictly necessary cookies – these are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies the services you have asked for, like online application forms, cannot be provided;
- performance cookies – these cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how the website works; and
- functionality cookies – these cookies allow the website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, these cookies can be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of the web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for, such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Specific cookies we use
Cookies may be set either by the project’s website (“first party cookies”), or by a third party website (“third party cookies”). The tables below identify the cookies we use and explain the purposes for which they are used.
However, we continue to collect information about first and third-party cookies and the tables below are based on the work completed to date. Accordingly, we may update the information contained in this section from time to time.
First Party Cookies
- Drupal CMS (SESS…, DRUPAL_UID, cookie-agreed, has_js) - these cookies are used to maintain session state (that is, they remember whether you have logged in or not);
- Google Analytics (_utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz) - these cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Please consult the following webpages for an overview of Google Analytics privacy.
Please contact us if you have any queries or concerns about privacy on the Marrying Cultures website.